Terms of Service
Agreement between User and Rukuku, Inc.
1. Your Acceptance
- Although we may attempt to notify you when major changes are made to these Terms of Service, you should periodically review the most up-to-date version (http://www.rukuku.com/terms). Rukuku may, in its sole discretion, modify or revise these Terms of Service and policies at any time, and you agree to be bound by such modifications or revisions. Nothing in these Terms of Service shall be deemed to confer any third-party rights or benefits.
2. Service and Content
- These Terms of Service apply to all users of the Service, including users who are also contributors of Content on the Service.
- “Content” includes the courses, classes, texts, software, scripts, graphics, photos, sounds, music, videos, audiovisual combinations, interactive features, any downloadable files, and other materials you may view on, access through, or contribute to the Service.
- The Service includes all aspects of Rukuku, including but not limited to all Content, products, software and services offered on, from, or through the Rukuku website.
- The Service may contain links to third party websites that are not owned or controlled by Rukuku. Rukuku has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party websites. In addition, Rukuku will not and cannot censor or edit the content of any third-party site. By using the Service, you expressly relieve Rukuku from any and all liability arising from your use of any third-party website.
3. Rukuku Accounts
- In order to access some features of the Service, you will have to create a Rukuku Account. You may never use another's account without permission. When creating your account, you must provide accurate and complete information. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your account, and you must keep your account password secure. You must notify Rukuku immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account.
- Although Rukuku will not be liable for your losses caused by any unauthorized use of your account, you may be liable for the losses of Rukuku or others due to such unauthorized use.
4. General Use of the Service—Permissions and Restrictions
Rukuku hereby grants you permission to access and use the Service as set forth in these Terms of Service, provided that:
- You agree not to distribute in any medium any part of the Service or the Content without Rukuku's prior written authorization, unless Rukuku makes available the means for such distribution through functionality offered by the Service.
- You agree not to alter or modify any part of the Service.
- You agree not to access Content through any technology or means other than the explicitly authorized means designated by Rukuku, such as Rukuku’s software and proprietary mobile applications.
- You agree not to use the Service for any of the following commercial uses unless you obtain Rukuku's prior written approval:
- the sale of access to the Service;
- the sale of advertising, sponsorships, or promotions placed on or within the Service or Content; or
- the sale of advertising, sponsorships, or promotions on any page of an adenabled blog or website containing Content delivered via the Service, unless other material not obtained from Rukuku appears on the same page and is of sufficient value to be the basis for such sales.
- Prohibited commercial uses do not include:
- any use that Rukuku expressly authorizes in writing.
- You agree not to use or launch any automated system, including without limitation, "robots," "spiders," or "offline readers," that accesses the Service in a manner that sends more request messages to the Rukuku servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional online web browser. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Rukuku grants the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the site for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials. Rukuku reserves the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific cases. You agree not to collect or harvest any personally identifiable information, including account names, from the Service, nor to use the communication systems provided by the Service (e.g., comments, email) for any commercial solicitation purposes. You agree not to solicit, for commercial purposes, any users of the Service with respect to their Content.
- In your use of the Service, you will comply with all applicable laws.
- Rukuku reserves the right to discontinue any aspect of the Service at any time.
5. Your Use of Content
In addition to the general restrictions above, the following restrictions and conditions apply specifically to your use of Content.
- The Content on the Service, and the trademarks, service marks and logos ("Marks") on the Service, are owned by or licensed to Rukuku, subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under the law.
- Content is provided to you AS IS. You may access Content for your information and personal use solely as intended through the provided functionality of the Service and as permitted under these Terms of Service. You shall not download any Content unless you see a “download” or similar link displayed by Rukuku on the Service for that Content. You shall not copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, broadcast, display, sell, license, or otherwise exploit any Content for any other purposes without the prior written consent of Rukuku or the respective licensors of the Content. Rukuku and its licensors reserve all rights not expressly granted in and to the Service and the Content.
- You agree not to circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Service or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on use of the Service or the Content therein.
- You understand that when using the Service, you will be exposed to Content from a variety of sources, and that Rukuku is not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, safety, or intellectual property rights of or relating to such Content. You further understand and acknowledge that you may be exposed to Content that is inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, and you agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against Rukuku with respect thereto, and, to the extent permitted by applicable law, agree to indemnify and hold harmless Rukuku, its owners, operators, affiliates, licensors, and licensees to the fullest extent allowed by law regarding all matters related to your use of the Service.
6. Your Content and Conduct
- As a Rukuku account holder you may submit Content to the Service. You understand that Rukuku does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any Content you submit.
- You shall be solely responsible for your own Content and the consequences of submitting and publishing your Content on the Service. You affirm, represent, and warrant that you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to publish Content you submit; and you license to Rukuku all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to such Content for publication on the Service pursuant to these Terms of Service.
- For clarity, you retain all of your ownership rights in your Content. However, by submitting Content to Rukuku, you hereby grant Rukuku a worldwide, nonexclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the Content in connection with the Service and Rukuku's (and its successors' and affiliates') business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Service (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels. You also hereby grant each user of the Service a non-exclusive license to access your Content through the Service, and to use, reproduce, distribute, display and perform such Content as permitted through the functionality of the Service and under these Terms of Service. The above licenses granted by you in Content you submit to the Service terminate within a commercially reasonable time after you remove or delete your Content from the Service. You understand and agree, however, that Rukuku may retain, display, distribute, or perform, server copies of your Content that have been removed or deleted. The above licenses granted by you in user comments you submit are perpetual and irrevocable.
- You further agree that if you edit, remove or delete any of your Content that has been purchased by other users of the Service via the means specifically designated for Content purchases through the Service, the purchasers of the Content will continue to retain, display, distribute, or perform, copies of your Content that have been edited, removed or deleted on your end.
- You further agree that Content you submit to the Service will not contain third party copyrighted material, or material that is subject to other third party proprietary rights, unless you have permission from the rightful owner of the material or you are otherwise legally entitled to post the material and to grant Rukuku all of the license rights granted herein.
- You further agree that you will not submit to the Service any Content or other material that is contrary to applicable local, national, and international laws and regulations.
- Rukuku does not endorse any Content submitted to the Service by any user or other licensor, or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and Rukuku expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with Content. Rukuku does not permit copyright infringing activities and infringement of intellectual property rights on the Service, and Rukuku will remove all Content if properly notified that such Content infringes on another's intellectual property rights. Rukuku reserves the right to remove Content without prior notice.
- You further agree that if you participate in social networking environments (collectively "Community Services") within the site, you agree that any information, including without limitation discussion posts, chat posts, IM posts, web links, advertisements, articles, video files, audio files, documents posted by you:
- shall not be false, inaccurate or misleading;
- shall not be fraudulent;
- shall not infringe any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
- shall not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation including without limitation those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising;
- shall not be defamatory, trade libelous, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing;
- shall not be obscene or contain child or other pornography;
- shall not contain any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information;
- shall not create liability for Rukuku, or cause Rukuku to lose in whole or in part the services of our ISPs or other suppliers and Partners; and
- shall not link directly or indirectly to links you do not have a right to link to or include.
- Rukuku has no obligation to monitor the Community Services. However, Rukuku reserves the right to review materials posted to a Community Service and to remove any materials in its sole discretion. Rukuku reserves the right to terminate your access to any or all of the Community Services at any time without notice for any reason whatsoever. Rukuku does not control or endorse the content, messages, or information found in any Community Service, and, therefore, Rukuku expressly disclaims any liability with regard to the Community Services and any action resulting from your participation in the Community Services. All such participation is solely at your own risk.
7. Account Termination Policy
- Rukuku will terminate a user's access to the Service if, under appropriate circumstances, the user is determined to be a repeat infringer.
- Rukuku reserves the right to decide whether Content violates these Terms of Service for reasons other than copyright infringement, such as, but not limited to, pornography, obscenity, racism, terrorism, religious radicalism and any manner of discrimination of other users. Rukuku may at any time, without prior notice and in its sole discretion, remove such Content and/or terminate a user's account for submitting such Content and engaging in such behavior in violation of these Terms of Service.
8. Copyright Policy
- Rukuku operates a clear copyright policy in relation to any Content alleged to infringe the copyright of a third party. Rukuku respects the intellectual property of others, and every user required to do the same. If you believe some Content on the Service has been copied in such a way to constitute copyright infringement, please contact our Designated Agent below at email@example.com
- As part of Rukuku's copyright policy, Rukuku will terminate user access to the Service if a user has been determined to be a repeat infringer. A repeat infringer is a user who has been notified of infringing activity more than twice.
9. Warranty Disclaimer
YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES SHALL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, RUKUKU, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES AND YOUR USE THEREOF.
RUKUKU MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE
ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THIS SITE'S CONTENT OR THE CONTENT
OF ANY SITES LINKED TO THIS SITE AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR
RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF
CONTENT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE
WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR
SERVICES, (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE
SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL
INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF
TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR SERVICES, (IV) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN
HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR
SERVICES BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (V) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN
ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A
RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR
OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SERVICES. RUKUKU DOES NOT
WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY
PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY
THROUGH THE SERVICES OR ANY HYPERLINKED SERVICES OR FEATURED IN
ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND RUKUKU WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES.
AS WITH THE PURCHASE OF A PRODUCT OR SERVICE THROUGH ANY MEDIUM OR IN ANY ENVIRONMENT, YOU SHOULD USE YOUR BEST JUDGMENT AND EXERCISE CAUTION WHERE APPROPRIATE.
10. Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL RUKUKU, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR
AGENTS, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL,
SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING
FROM ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (II)
PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER,
RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR SERVICES, (III) ANY
UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY
AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED
THEREIN, (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR
FROM OUR SERVICES, (IV) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE
LIKE, WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR SERVICES BY ANY
THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (V) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR
FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF YOUR
USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE
MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SERVICES, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY,
CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT
THE COMPANY IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION.
YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT RUKUKU SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR
CONTENT OR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY AND THAT THE RISK OF HARM OR DAMAGE FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU.
The Service is controlled and offered by Rukuku from its facilities in the United States of America. Rukuku makes no representations that the Service is appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use the Service from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and are responsible for compliance with local law.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Rukuku, its parent corporation, officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees) arising from: (i) your use of and access to the Service; (ii) your violation of any term of these Terms of Service; (iii) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right; or (iv) any claim that your Content caused damage to a third party. This defense and indemnification obligation will survive these Terms of Service and your use of the Service.
12. Ability to Accept Terms of Service
You affirm that you are either more than 18 years of age, or an emancipated minor, or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in these Terms of Service, and to abide by and comply with these Terms of Service. In any case, you affirm that you are over the age of 13, as the Service is not intended for children under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use the Service. There are lots of other great web sites for you. Talk to your parents about what sites are appropriate for you.
These Terms of Service, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by Rukuku without restriction.
You agree that: (i) the Service shall be deemed solely based in California; and (ii) the Service shall be deemed a passive website that does not give rise to personal jurisdiction over Rukuku, either specific or general, in jurisdictions other than California. These Terms of Service shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the State of California, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. Any claim or dispute between you and Rukuku that arises in whole or in part from the Service shall be decided exclusively by a court of competent jurisdiction located in Santa Clara County, California. These Terms of Service, together with the Privacy Notice
at http://www.rukuku.com/privacy and any other legal notices published by Rukuku on the Service, shall constitute the entire agreement between you and Rukuku concerning the Service. If any provision of these Terms of Service is deemed invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms of Service, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any term of this these Terms of Service shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term, and Rukuku's failure to assert any right or provision under these Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. Rukuku reserves the right to amend these Terms of Service at any time and without notice, and it is your responsibility to review these Terms of Service for any changes. Your use of the Service following any amendment of these Terms of Service
will signify your assent to and acceptance of its revised terms. YOU AND RUKUKU AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE
SERVICES MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.